By The Deep Sea
CD / LP / Digital
By The Deep Sea is a state of mind in which I find myself quite often. It’s a sort of meditation state, when I try to detach myself from the daily life. In this inner world there is space to get closer to our deepest thoughts, ideas, doubts, close enough to see them clearly, from the right distance, and being able to process them, exorcise them, translate them into something else.
- 682 Steps
- We Were There
- Your Lunar Way
- Slow Within
- Mauer Blues
- The Room
- By The Deep Sea
- Minor Revolt
- The Cradle
The Blue Hour
CD / LP / Digital
For “The Blue Hour” Federico took inspiration from the brief transitional state between day and night, writing a collection of chamber-music miniatures that withdraw, explore, yet assert their laconic melodies all the more decisively.
- One of the most hauntingly beautiful records you'll ever hear. — 9/10 (Drowned in Sound)
- Crepuscular piano pieces for a quiet night in. — 8/10 (Uncut)
- Finesse, sensitivity and lightness of touch: all the hallmarks of a great modern classical album. — 4.5/5 (MUSIC OMH)
- A magical record...lyrical, rhythmic and emotive modern classical sound that enthrals to the last. — 9/10 (Clash)
The Houseboat and the Moon
CD / 2x12” / Digital
Federico found a place, an imaginary place, where, whenever he wanted to, he could jump on and just float away. On this moving shelter, traveling across memories and imagination, lulled by water and led by the moon, Federico wrote the 13 compositions of his debut.
The Houseboat and the Moon Reworked
CD / 12”/ Digital
The Houseboat and the Moon Reworked is a series of collaborations between Federico Albanese and various producers. These pieces combine elements of contemporary classical and film music with all sorts of electronics thrown into the mix. What is left is highly expansive and intense soundscapes, which float and drive to various destinations.
- Disclosed (Rework by John Lemke)
- Carousel #3 (Rework by Cassegrain)
- Queen and Wonder (Rework by Franz Kirmann)
- Beyond the Milk Wood (Rework by Saffronkeira)